Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This week's good word

Mike and I were blessed with a simple but profound piece of advice at church this week. One of the worship leaders, Andi, himself a young parent, came over to congratulate us on our impending birth. When Mike asked for Andi's best advice, his reply was something like this:

You're not just having a baby, your having your baby. He'll come with his own preferences and personality. God will equip you with exactly what you need in the exact moment you need it. So don't worry if you don't feel ready now. You don't need God's parenting power now. But you'll get it.

Duh! Why didn't I remember this earlier? As the music began and the worship got underway, I felt God' perfect peace melt over me. A lot of the secret fears that had been hidden away in my heart took flight, and are now replaced with a quiet contentment and growing excitement at meeting my son face to face very soon.

No comments: