Monday, September 3, 2007

Speeding towards delivery day...

September. Yikes. Mike and I agreed we'd better "be ready" for baby to come, just in case, by the start of September. Everyone's telling me stories about how their babies came 3 weeks early. Better get going on packing that hospital bag . And finishing the nursery. And interviewing pediatricians. And washing tiny baby clothes. And, and, and...

September is freaking me out a little. Our friends are threw us a baby shower over the weekend - another reminder that someone's arrival is imminent. I think the real source of my freaking out is all the tiny voices in my head that try to convince me that I can't do this. What if I'm not a good mother? What if I totally screw this kid up? Or let him get really sick? Or don't feed him all the right foods? Or, or, or...

So I'm just trying to remember that God knows what He's doing. He chose Mike and me to be this boy's parents. He must think we have some kind of clue. I'll just have to trust Him on that one. Psalm 23 has been good for me recently - just a reminder that God walks with us through all things.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You've put your trust in the right place! The same God who promised you - "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - makes that promise to your unborn son. You are part of that plan! And the little guy is lucky to have you as parents.

Sittintall said...

PORTER HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE A NEW MAMA? I BET YA NEVER THOUGHT IT COULD BE SO MUCH WORK AND SO MUCH FUN ALL AT THE SAME TIME! CONGRATS TO YOU AND MIKE.
FROM THE LOOKS OF IT, OL MICHAEL HAD ONE OF THE HOTTEST LITTLE PREGNANT MAMA'S RUNNING ROUND CHI TOWN.
MSYS