Friday, June 4, 2010

I'm crawling out of my scrapbooking cave now

Oh, my! I've never been so relieved to watch the calendar page turn to a new month. May turned into a super-intense scrapbooking month, thanks to the Queen of Scrap competition over at ScrapMatters.com. The contest ended just before the stroke of midnight on June 1st, and I used almost every last second of time to design pages. It was a wonderful, crazy time to get a lot of work done, but I also made a lot of new friends via the chat thread that accompanied the competition. It was fun, but I'm so glad it's over! Winners are going to be announced tomorrow, but the fact that I completed 120 pages during the competition is the real prize. Here's the very last 2-page layout I put together for the contest:

left side:

right side:


These are just some of the new pages I created! I also put together a 48-page album of Susannah's birth. To see my complete gallery, you can go here

A few of you have asked how to get started in digital scrapbooking, and my best piece of advice is to go hang out at ScrapMatters.com. There are tons of helpful threads in their forums, and the contests and community will really give you a jump-start in your creativity. I've never met a happier, more supportive group of scrap addicts!

So now I'm taking a short break from designing. It's onto the next big project, this one involving my sewing machine. I'm creating a banner to celebrate Susannah's baptism (happening June 20th). Pics and updates will begin next week, so come back soon!


No comments: