Sunday, November 15, 2009

A family of 3 (for now)

We're all on pins and needles waiting for baby girl to join our little party, so while I wait, thought I'd post a last picture of our family of 3. We've been soaking up the time together - today's adventure was a long family walk to the neighborhood pond where Aaron could chase the geese and run around for a bit.


I remember this waiting just before Aaron was born, and it feels so very different this time around. With Aaron, I was clinging to pregnancy, partly frightened by the huge changes that lay in store for Mike and I, partly intimidated by the prospect of labor, and partly because I just loved having Aaron all to myself and birthing him meant I'd have to share him. :-) In general, this has been a much more difficult pregnancy, so I'm 100% ready to be done. Ready to face labor and it's temporary discomforts; ready for the change that's coming to our family trio. We've seen first-hand that children are, indeed, a blessing from the Lord, and we're so anxious to add one more to the mix.

3 comments:

Sittintall said...

I'm excited for you and your family, and new adventures the future holds. I will be thinking, and praying for you in the next few days and hoping things go smoothly. Your family picture is simply beautiful, I can't wait to see pics of the new one!!

Ashley said...

Best wishes Sharp family! I am so very happy for you and the little girl you are being blessed with. I am overcome with happiness just reading about your excitement and gratitude for family. You are in our prayers :)

maryrudolph said...

Sarah, I felt the exact same way the second time around! I know exactly where you are. Hang in there!