Monday, October 15, 2007

Dad has fun with the 3 week old...


Who says you can't have fun with a 3 week old baby? Cribs.Pack n' plays. All over-rated, as I discovered that Aaron was quite content in the shipping box on a bed of pink packing peanuts (say that real fast). He was not there very long and it made Sarah laugh. After a few weeks of highly interrupted sleep, I really enjoy adding levity to the household.

We had a great weekend as a family. I spent as much time as I could holding and staring at our wonderful creation.

Many people have asked me...What is it like being a Dad?
I try to come up with some deep and profound statement, generally I 'm too tired to really think straight. However, put simply; I quote Scripture "Children are a gift from the Lord;
they are a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3 NLT) and I also add that I have been waiting and preparing for Aaron for my entire life."

I love God, I love my wife and I love my son!

3 comments:

Aunt Janet said...

Ohh how cute! This will be one of those pics you show to the girlfriends when he gets older. Keep this one in mind for his 16th birthday party!!!
I'm glad to see both of you are enjoying parenthood....the real fun is yet to come.
Hugs and Kisses to everyone!

Sittintall said...

You are going to be such a great Dad, Mike (actually you already are!) Glad to see amidst the sleepless moments, you are enjoying the little blessings he brings you!

Sittintall said...

PS Michael S just wrote you a note on your Sept 3 entry. He's wanted to get ahold of you. Anyway, hope you are having a good day.